thanks for the memories

Monday, June 4, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 4 June 2012

Outside my window....it is dark and gloomy.  The road is wet and shiny as if it may have rained in the night.  There is a lowering sky out over the hay fields telling me that there may be more rain in our near future before it clears up.  That's ok though since today is the first day of my new semester and I need to spend it inside acquainting myself with my new classes.
I am thinking...about longevity.  Today is my 29th wedding anniversary.  There are those who choose to dwell on individual moments in their lives, the unpleasant ones, and those moments are the ones that make it seem as if time is crawling along.  There are others who choose to dwell on the picture as a whole, the moments that make up the entire picture, those are the people who will tell you that the time flashed by in too short an interval.  That is how this time with my beloved has seemed to me.  I would be a fool and a liar if I denied the moments that were unpleasant.  By the same token I would be even more of a fool to live my life in those moments.
I am thankful for...the son who provided the lovely afternoon that my husband and I spent out yesterday.
From the kitchen...all kinds of possibilities await those who wish to apply themselves to the adventure of feeding this brood.  Any takers?
I am wearing....sweatpants and a hoodie.  It is still a bit nippy in the mornings around here.
I am creating...memories, sweet memories.
I am going....to stay home for the bulk of the day.  If I am a good girl and get all my work done today I hope to go to a presentation about the resident ghost at one of the historical houses in Utica this evening. 
I am reading....Living to Tell the Tale by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
I am hoping...for answers to prayers and for the grace to accept the answers that I get.
I am hearing...the new CD that Doug bought me yesterday, the dog coming down for her breakfast, birds singing in the rafters outside my window, and the breeze sighing in the branches outside.
Around the house...it is a disaster area! 
One of my favorite things....the silliness of my son and daughter when the two of them get together.  I wish I had the capability to upload the video that I made of the two of them on the trampoline yesterday.
A few plans for the rest of the week....school, family, living my life and making sure that The Lord knows that I appreciate all that he has given to me.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...(I couldn't restrict myself to just one today)
MK was having a "discussion" with her father.  Matthew cannot take these things seriously.

My presence doesn't help either but, oh well.

With that face around and a camera in hand who would resist.

Even when he is in need of a shave and haircut he is awfully handsome.

The silliness did end up breaking up the "discussion" and result in getting the trampoline moved.

I don't know if my constant photography will make him glad he is leaving in August or not.

No comments: