thanks for the memories

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 16 July 2012

Outside my window...it is hot and muggy.  We did get some much needed rain yesterday and I know that everyone in this house is very greatful to God for the rain that fell.  The corn is already looking better for the moisture. 
I am thinking...about comings and goings.  When children are little parents think in passing about the years to come when the young ones that they are raising will fledge.  When they do leave home then that is what life will be all about, coming and going.
I am thankful for...the fact that my kids do come home to visit.  It must mean that home is a good place for them with lots of pleasant memories associated with it.
From the kitchen...there will need to be something thought up to feed the masses.  Ian's vacation is over and he is back to work.  Haying is done until God sees fit to send rain so that we get second cutting.  So it is back to business as usual around here.
I am wearing...blue shorts and a green tee with an M&M face on it.
I am creating...projects for my finals for two classes.
I am going...to stay right here and work hard like the good student that I am.
I am reading....World War Z
I am hoping....that Adam has a good visit in the south-land with family.  I miss him already!
I am hearing...the sounds of the fans trying to cool the house, Layn going potty and reading to his mom, MK in the livingroom working on her assignments, and the birds outside my window singing their morning songs.
Around the house....all is as it should be. 
One of my favorite things...sitting with my husband by the fire last night enjoying the company of our granddaughter Savannah.
A few plans for the rest of the week....finish the dress that I am working on and get it delivered, get another one bound and delivered, see if I can finish my projects for school, a couple of holy hours and talk to a friend about making a cake for Matthew's going away not-party.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
This is what summer is all about.  Hanging out in your Thomas the Tank Engine undies and enjoying the great outdoors.

No comments: