thanks for the memories

Monday, July 9, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 9 July 2012

Outside my window...the sun is shining and it is much cooler than in the past couple of weeks.  The thermometer reads 56 degrees.  I know that it won't stay that cool all day but it is nice to start the day off without it being muggy and warm.
I am thinking...about family relationships.  I have been watching the dynamics of my kids being together after one has been away for a long time.
I am thankful for...the fact that I don't have to use the bathroom right now is our current toilet crisis.
From the kitchen...there are many leftovers from yesterday to satisfy the hoardes today.  This is a good thing since there are a lot of other things to do today besides cooking.
I am wearing....grey shorts and a blue tee with Eeyore on it.
I am creating....my own little oasis of peace and quiet.
I am ging...to stay home all day.  I will work on school and observe the family.
I am reading....the last of my novel for school then I am going to start reading World War Z
I am hoping...to find a way to slow down time.  Adam's visit is already going way too fast.
I am hearing....Melissa fussing at Matthew and Adam in the kitchen, Layn asking for his breakfast, and Doug and Adam chatting.
Around the house...the potty crisis goes on around me, Layn's diaper couldn't take any more and it exploded, breakfast is happening.  Sounds like a pretty typical morning in this house.
One of my favorite things....time together.
A few plans for the rest of the week....the usual activities along with a lot of family.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you....
That's what cousins are for.  Layn decided that Savannah needed a hat too on a hot sunny day.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Oh no! Potty crisis? This could be serious! Really! I hope y'all get things taken care of. That kind of thing um is not fun. Not at all!

Enjoyed your blog sweet friend, love your eyore shirt. I picture it in my mind. I should be wearing one today but Mickey Mouse will do?

Love, Amelia