thanks for the memories

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 20 August 2012

Outside my window...the sun is rising and it is shaping up to be another lovely day. 
I am thinking....about everything but the fact that this is Matthew's last day here for quite a long while.
I am thankful for...all of the friends who gathered here yesterday to bid Matthew farewell and to pray for his safety and success.
From the kitchen...who knows, I haven't thought that far ahead yet.
I am wearing...jammies! It is early yet to be wearing anything else.
I am creating...last minute memories for both Matthew and those he will leave behind when he leaves.
I am going...to be the unfortunate one to drop him off at the recruiter this afternoon.
I am reading...nothing at the moment. I need to pick up the books that I ordered at the library.
I am hoping...a lot of things I can't say here.
I am hearing...Layn talking to his Auntie in the livingroom, grandpa talking in the kitchen, the shower running as Melissa gets ready for work, and the sound of the birds outside my window calling to each other.
Around the house...there is some recovery to do from yesterday's party.  That's a good thing though, it will give both MK and I something to do today.
One of my favorite things...the beauty of the teenagers here leading everyone in the rosary yesterday.
A few plans for the rest of the week....finish my final research paper for literature and keep busy.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
The whole party gathered by the fire praying the rosary together for Matthew's safety and success.

No comments: