thanks for the memories

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

And he's off....

This morning my husband and I drove to Syracuse to the MEPS Station to see Matthew sworn in to the Army and to say good bye to him before he leaves for basic training.
From the first moment that I realized that I was pregnant with each of my kids I started praying for them.  I pray for everything and every aspect of their lives.  The older they got the more intensely and fervently I prayed for everything and every aspect of their lives.  As each of my boys announced that he intended to go into the military I prayed like never before.  I know that God is good and that He provides, the life that my family lives is proof of that in so many ways.  But sometimes you can witness that proof more than at other times, and today God gave me a glimpse of his graciousness and grace.  Last night at the hotel Matthew met a boy who is going into the Army for the same thing that he is and to the same place, that's not too unusual.  What is the answer to prayer is that this boy is a devout and practicing Catholic too.  Any boy who proudly has a pin of his guardian angel on his picture ID has to be better than a nominal Catholic.  At least for this phase of Matthew's trip he has someone who is like minded to talk with and be friends with.  Thank you God. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hugs and prayers. How exciting to see the Father's care. Donna