thanks for the memories

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 15 October 2012

Outside my window...it is a very deceptive day.  The sky is dark with clouds and the wind has a slight bite to it.  But the thermometer reads 70 degrees and the sun teases by coming out periodically.  It is definitely one of those fall days where you dress your kids for all four seasons when you send him to school.
I am thinking...about opportunities.  Many opportunities that have been passed by and others that have been taken.  I am not ordinarily a person to dwell on the past but today seems a day for wondering "what if?"
I am thankful for...a husband who loves me enough to let me beat him at Scrabble, go for a bike ride with me and go at my slow pace, then share a plate of loaded nachos with me and let me have all the black olives.
From the kitchen...a big warm pot of pasta e fagiole!!!! What could be better on such a dark and dreary day.
I am wearing...sweats and a tee shirt. It's just a day to be comfy and not do too much.
I am creating...a bubble of peace and tranquility.
I am going...to stay home for the rest of the day.  We have already been to WalMart and Lowes today and that is way too much running for me especially on a Monday.
I am reading...The Confessions of St. Augustine
I am hoping...that this migraine that I got from going to the store goes away soon! I cannot serve my family when I am in such pain.
I am hearing...Layn outside the door playing with his trucks and MK in the kitchen making his lunch.
Around the house...nothing has gotten done today.  
One of my favorite things...talking on the phone with Matthew last night and hearing how happy and sure he is in the path that he has chosen.
A few plans for the rest of the week...meet with the realtor and buyers tomorrow about the land sale, plan and begin some Christmas sewing, clean this house, and get some laundry done.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you....
My wonderful husband getting ready for our bide ride yesterday.

No comments: