thanks for the memories

Monday, November 19, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 19 November 2012

Outside my window....everything is covered with white sprinkles!!!! There was a heavy frost last night and the world looks like a confectioner has come by with powdered sugar and sprinkled his magic onto the scenery.

I am thinking....about what we can attain and what is simply out of our reach.  Learning when to be content with what you have and when it is right to reach for more is a lesson that I seem to never quite grasp.
(no pun intended)

I am thankful...for those who build bridges and for others who are willing to walk across those same bridges.

From the kitchen...will come some kind of delicious alchemy that will wow and amaze all who sit at our table tonight.

I am wearing....jammies still.

I am creating....surprises!

I am going...to town to see the neurologist for a check-up and to do some shopping and then home to stay.

I am reading....Man's Search for Meaning

I am hoping...to be able to consign some of my work at a local shop this week.

I am hearing...Melissa fixing Layn's breakfast in the kitchen, the birds singing outside my window, traffic on the highway out across the fields, and the fan on the furnace valiantly blowing the heat into the house to keep us warm.

Around the house...everything is warm and happy.  The presence of young children in this house gives it a feeling of rightness and completeness that no other addition to the house can.

One of my favorite things...spending Sunday afternoon with other like-minded women working on things that we love to do.  There were several of us here yesterday scrap booking and sewing and it felt right to be together working like that and visiting.  It was also nice to spend a day with the men gone off doing their own things.

A few plans for the rest of the week....I guess that it is Thanksgiving week (though I was in denial until late last week) so my plan is to make preparations for that momentous of days.  Around here Thanksgiving is as big as Christmas.  This family enjoys more than our share of blessing and bounty from the Lord and it is only right and proper that we acknowledge that and set aside a day for celebrating that bounty and blessing. 

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you....
They came to combine the soybeans last week.  Layn sure did want to drive that big machine!!!!

No comments: