thanks for the memories

Monday, November 26, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 26 November 2012

Outside my window...Oh the wind is lashing lustily
                                                 And the trees are thrashing thrustily
                                                  And the leaves are rustling gustily
                                                    So it's rather safe to say
                                                      That it seems that it may turn out to be
                                                         It feels that it will undoubtedly
                                                      It looks like a rather blustery day, today
                                                    It sounds that it may turn out to be
                                                  Feels that it will undoubtedly
                                                Looks like a rather blustery day today (From Winnie the Pooh and the                
Blustery Day)

I am thinking....about the silence that comes when the snow is falling.  

I am thankful for...a husband and son who take good care of us.

From the kitchen...there will be something good tonight I just haven't thought of it yet.

I am wearing...navy sweatpants and an oversized flannel shirt that Ryan left behind last time he was home.  

I am creating...surprises and Christmas joy.

I am going....to stay home today, at least until the snow stops falling and the road crews have a chance to do their job.  They have enough to contend with the crazies who don't know how to drive in this.  They don't need any more cars on the road.

I am reading...To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

I am hoping...that all my family that will be traveling next month will arrive here safely.

I am hearing...Melissa and MK encouraging Layn to pick up his toys so he can get ready to go out into the snow.  He is so fascinated with all that white stuff coming out of the sky.

Around the house...everything is picked up and ready to start the day.  MK got up early this morning and has been hard at work. 

One of my favorite things...the precious hours spent at church yesterday afternoon.  Our Lord was exposed in the Blessed Sacrament all afternoon then we had Solemn Vespers and Benediction.  What a joyful way to end the weekend.

A few plans for the rest of the week....I hope to finish all my Christmas sewing this week.  I am going to Georgia on the 6th and my goal is to have everything done and wrapped before I leave.  Time will tell whether I accomplish that.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
 
 
Layn had some friends over last week.  Such a big boy!!! He even shared his blankey and stuffed cow with his friend Charlie.  He's growing up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you joy in the white fluffy stuff -- tell Layn to enjoy it for me. Thanks for sharing. Have a good trip. ugotafriend donna