thanks for the memories

Monday, November 5, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 5 November 2012

Outside my window...the clouds are hanging low in the sky and there is a breeze blowing.  Without even looking at the thermometer I will venture a guess that the temps are in the 30's out there.  Yesterday there was snow in the air and today it looks like we might have more of the same.  

I am thinking...about time spent with family and all of the joy that it brings.

I am thankful for...the upcoming nuptials of my eldest son and his fiancee!!!!!!

From the kitchen...there are plenty of leftovers from the weekend to get us through until Wednesday!!!! That means that this house can get thoroughly cleaned today and tomorrow.

I am wearing....warm flannel jammies.  I got a late start to the morning and haven't hit the showers yet.

I am creating....treats to eat, secrets to please, and memories to treasure.

I am going....to stay home all day and accomplish loads of wonderful things.

I am reading...World Literature Anthology volume 1

I am hoping....that prayers that are being sent up will be answered favorably.

I am hearing...the sound of the fan on the furnace sending warm air up to make the house comfortable, Layn's slipper-clad feet padding back and forth in his playroom, and the chimes outside my window sounding in the breeze that blows.

Around the house...all is as it should be.  There are floors that need cleaning, laundry that has piled up, bathrooms and a kitchen that needs to be cleaned, and a pile of mending to be done.

One of my favorite things...the time spent with the little people in my life.

A few plans for the rest of the week...fully participate in the rhythms of the life that I call my own.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
A rare moment spent with Savannah!!!! She sure loves her papa.

1 comment:

Peggy Wolf said...

Upcoming nuptials? Now, that's exciting! Has a date been set?