thanks for the memories

Monday, October 29, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 29 October 2012

Outside my window....the sky is overcast and sad looking.  But the birds are still singing merrily and flitting happily from the feeder to the bushes and back again as if there were no big storm predicted.  

I am thinking...about living, loving, and growing from the experiences of life.  Being a mother is a joyous thing  indeed but sometimes the pain makes you wonder.

I am thankful for...faith in God and the teachings of the Catholic Church.  When the road has bends and curves and I don't know what to do next, my faith and prayers are what hold me up and provide the direction that I need.

From the kitchen...I think that chicken salad sandwiches will be on tonight's menu. I did more cooking yesterday than I ever do on a Sunday. I think I need a break today.

I am wearing...warm, comfy jammies.  Layn and I haven't really started our day yet.

I am creating...some things of beauty for my grand-niece Anna Grace.

I am going....to the fabric store, unfortunately, to pick-up a few things that I need to finish projects. Just for Anna Grace I am going to, once again, attempt to master the zipper.

I am reading...True Devotion to Mary

I am hoping...that this whole huge storm thing turns out to be nothing more than an autumn shower.

I am hearing...geese flying by outside, Layn making tractor noises as he plays with his toys in the playroom, Andrea Bocceli singing the Ave Maria on the stereo.

Around the house....it is a mess!!!! This was a messy, neglectful weekend and I had a ball.  I figure that with some kind of weather coming in there is plenty to keep me indoors and busy with sewing projects and a house that needs to be cleaned.  Did I mention that mount washmore is beginning to rear it's ugly head too?

One of my favorite things...being a wife and a mom.

A few plans for the rest of the week....not much.  I thought that Layn and I would ride out the weather that everyone is talking about right here at home.  We have plenty to do, eat, and to keep us warm and dry.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
The colors of fall have just about all faded but it is still a beautiful place that I live in.  That little white house in the middle of the picture is mine.

No comments: