thanks for the memories

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 17 December 2012


Outside my window...it is damp, rainy and chilly!  That's ok though since the Christmas spirit is not dependent on whether there is snow on the ground or not.  

I am thinking...about all the people who have been affected by the shootings in Connecticut.  

I am thankful for...the faith that I hold dear that helps me through incidents such as that one and for the family that pulls together when it is needed.

From the kitchen...leftovers!  Yesterday I cooked a huge and very delicious (if I do say so) meal and there is enough leftover to get us through today.  Today and tomorrow are run to the airport days 'cause all our people are coming home.

I am wearing...green flannel pants and a comfy blue shirt.  I don't have to go out until tomorrow.

I am creating...my last Christmas offering then I go upstairs to begin wrapping.

I am going...to stay at home today.  Tomorrow I go to the airport to pick up the Big Dude and Matthew.

I am reading....The Ultimate Gift

I am hoping...for peace and healing for the families in Connecticut.

I am hearing....MK and Melissa cleaning upstairs in preparation for the men to come home.

Around the house...there is a distinct air of anticipation such has not been experienced since all the kids were little and waiting for Christmas morning.  

One of my favorite things...is the sound of everyone here together in this old house.  The very walls soak in the happy sounds of laughter and talk.  Later, when they have all gone back to their own worlds the sounds will come back to me to keep me company.

A few plans for the rest of the week....enjoy every second!

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Savannah fell last night and bumped her lip.  There is nothing more comforting than pap to hold your frozen pop and make it all better.

No comments: