thanks for the memories

Monday, February 11, 2013

Outside my window....there is sleet and freezing rain falling.  How quickly things change around here! On Friday we had cold, snow, and blowing winds and today it is in the 40's with freezing rain.

I am thinking...about the many things I don't know concerning my computer.  Just when you think you have mastered the use of something it throws you a major curve.

I am thankful for...sweet baby breath and little boy kisses.

From the kitchen...I am sure that good food will prevail although I am not in charge of the victuals today.

I am wearing....grinch printed cozy pants and a large night shirt, and likely to stay in this getup all day!  No need to go anywhere and the weather is too bad anyway.

I am going...to spend the day curled up with my school books and soak in a lot of good literature.

I am reading....The Iliad for my world lit course.

I am hoping...that the news I read this morning was just a bad dream.

I am hearing...the fan running on the furnace, Layn drinking his morning juice (the cup makes a funny sound each time he vents it) and MK's bird chirping in the sewing room.

Around the house...family life goes on and on.  Layn is sitting on the couch offering his stuffed dog a drink from his cup.  Witnessing the development of a child's imagination is a fascinating thing.

One of my favorite things...having little people in my home.  

A few plans for the rest of the week....work, work, work!  Lent begins on Wednesday and so will also a season of deep reflection and preparation for the passion of Our Lord.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you....



Watching Shaun the Sheep with Auntie Cake!

No comments: