thanks for the memories

Monday, February 18, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 18 February 2013

Outside my window...a deceptive sun is shining.  Why deceptive?  It looks like a warmish day with the sun shining on the bare ground.  Well, the sun may be shining but there is no warmth in it.  Right now it is 12 degrees and the high is only supposed to be 25.  It is a good day to thank God for the furnace and all the wood that my men cut last summer!

I am thinking...about plans.  Plans for the rest of the day and plans for next week.  Plans are like laws, great guidelines but not necessarily written in stone.

I am thankful for...Sunday's spent quietly with family, for leftover pasta and sauce, and friends who let me use their houses so that I can study in peace.

From the kitchen...there is plenty of sauce and pasta leftover for another meal! Whatever happens I will be content and not pine for more.

I am wearing...warm jammies!  Thank you God for flannel and fleece.

I am going...to spend the day peacefully working on my courses.  A dear friend is going away for a couple of days and is graciously letting me use her quiet home for  a study place.

I am reading...Homer's The Odyssey.

I am hoping...to get a lot of writing done this week.  I have four major works due next week.

I am hearing...the washer cranking out its first load of clean laundry for the day, Layn in the kitchen picking out his cereal, MK bustling about putting things away.  The beauty and wonder that accompany the sounds of normalcy.

Around the house....everything is as it should be.  MK and Melissa have Monday well in hand and are not in need of my services.

One of my favorite things...the voice of Luciano Pavoratti.

A few plans for the rest of the week...continue with my Lenten practices, work on school, workout and keep away from the delicious food that is prepared here each day.  That should keep me busy and out of trouble.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Friday was Ryan's 28th birthday.  Saturday he spent it with Adam and a friend.  Looks like he is having an enjoyable and happy birthday.

No comments: