thanks for the memories

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 19 March 2013

 
Outside my window...there is snow falling!  Not that it is something unusual for this place or this time of year but if you are a native to this place at this time of year you are probably tired of the white-stuff falling from the sky.  Just between you, me and the wall I would be happy for the muddy season right about now
 
I am thinking...about the difference between wisdom and knowledge.  Very heavy thoughts for such a light fluffy day.
 
I am thankful for....snow plows, ice scrapers, and heated seats.
 
From the kitchen....there will be red velvet cupcakes made to celebrate the feast of St. Joseph.
 
I am wearing...an orange shirt and blues sweatpants.
 
I am creating...matching outfits for my grand daughters for Easter.
 
I am going....to work hard here at my desk until it is time to go to Adoration later on today.
 
I am hoping...that Ian gets to come home for some much needed rest soon.  He has been out on the roads since 11 last night.
 
I am hearing..Layn loudly protesting about getting dressed (he is at that stage), Melissa trying to talk him down to a reasonable decible level, and the swish of the snow as it brushes through the fir tree outside my window.
 
Around the house...everything is status quo, just the way I like it.
 
One of my favorite things...the silence of the outside world when it is snowing like this.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...school work, hours of adoration, a doctors appointment and plenty of family.
 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Even the beefers seem to dislike the snow.  They are all huddled together in the feed bunk looking forlorn.

This is a sight that I like so much better.  Grandpa holding Savannah!!!!

No comments: