thanks for the memories

Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 4 March 2013


Outside my window...the snow is lightly coming down.  The temp. was 22 when I was out earlier.  The weather man is threatening us with more snow later in the week, go figure.  This is the time of year when even snow lovers get a bit tired of the white-stuff.

I am thinking...about life.  Thinking about how lives appear from the outside and trying hard to remember that my life often looks perfect to others when it isn't .

I am thankful...for good friends and the use of their house while they are away.  It is so much easier to get my writing done when I am alone.  The silence and solitude are also conducive to a fruitful Lent as well.

From the kitchen...there is nothing exciting to report.  MK and I are both starting a cleanse before beginning the Candida diet.  Wish me luck!

I am wearing...sweats!  Staying in most days is very conducive to being comfortable.  Being comfortable is a great assist with writing.

I am going....to stay home each and every day unless I am absolutely forced to go out.  We will see if that plays out.

I am reading...nothing for fun.  

I am hoping...that Matthew is successful in the next couple of week's training.  

I am hearing...the sounds of the house creaking and groaning as it settles in for the night.  This old house is pleasantly noisy as it lives it's daily life around me.

Around the house...there is a distinct feeling of home! This house has sheltered so many families in it's long life so that the atmosphere breathes comfort and safety.  This house is one of the only other houses outside my own that I feel completely comfortable being in.

One of my favorite things...immersing myself in a good mystery, one that I cannot figure out before the end.

A few plans for the rest of the week...write, read, pray and spend my time in the silence of my own thoughts.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
The view of my office for the next week.

1 comment:

Peggy Wolf said...

Solitude. Sweet solitude.