thanks for the memories

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ham Cupcakes or what to do when MK's chickens suddenly start laying again.

I stole the idea for this recipe from another blog that I read.  Of course I didn't have all the ingredients (which is usual around here) and I am a lazy cook so I took some shortcuts as well.
I lined a muffin pan with these silicone baking cups that I bought (just for this purpose). If you don't have silicone baking cups simply spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray.
Then I chopped up some ham that I had in the refrigerator along with some pepperoni and salami.  
Each cup was lined with meat.
On top of the meat I put some leftover mashed potatoes.  Since I didn't have enough for all of them I microwaved a sweet potato and mashed that up too.  
On top of the potato I broke an egg.
The last thing was to place some cheese on top of the egg. I used whatever kind of cheese I had. Some got cheddar, some parmessan, and others got colby.
Finally I place the pans into the oven at 375 for about 20 - 25 minutes.
The amount of time depends on your egg eating preferences. Some of our people like their yolks runny and others like them hard.  Time your cooking to the desired doneness.


The two on the plate have colby cheese melted on top of them.


These don't have any cheese since I ran out after the second pan.  The possibilities are endless.  I was thinking that leftover rice or polenta might be good instead of potatoes.  Also leftover chicken or steak sliced thinly might go well.
They are also good reheated just remember to puncture the yoke if you put them into the microwave to reheat.  It will explode if you don't.

No comments: