thanks for the memories

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 22 April 2013


Outside my window...the sun is shining and there is the promise of a beautiful sunny day today. Spring is a changeable time of year for those of us who live in Central New York.  Last  Friday we had temperatures in the lower 70's.  Saturday there was snow in the air! I don't care how strange others may find this, I will take it!  The gradual unfolding of nature is one of the promises of a long winter that makes it all worth while.

I am thinking...that there are days when having a three year old in the house can be an annoyance...I know Ryan, "Offer it up!"

I am thankful...for flower bulbs bursting forth, trees on the verge of having leaves, grass so green there isn't a crayon to match the color, and the intoxicating scents that assail my nostrils every time I step outside.

From the kitchen...once again yesterday's sumptuous feast will provide enough in the way of leftovers to sustain this crew for today.  I am totally captivated with being able to cook enough in one day to spare having to cook the next day.  (Not that I don't like to cook!)

I am wearing...flannel pj pants and a grey sweatshirt.  Though the furnace is still lit there is still enough of a chill in the mornings to warrant cozy clothing.

I am going....to enjoy the society of a dear friend this morning.  A little frivolity and enjoyment goes well on a lovely spring day and will hearten me for the week of school ahead.

I am reading....La Morte d Arthur by Sir Thomas Malory

I am hoping... to get a long bike ride in today along with all of my obligations.

I am hearing...Bry Terfel singing about the surrey with the fringe on top, Layn expressing his angst concerning the restrictions placed on his desires, and Melissa bustling around in the kitchen getting her breakfast.

Around the house...all is status quo.  There is clutter where there is usual clutter and order where there is usual order.  Life is good.

One of my favorite things...taking note of the daily changes and development that is evident in my grandchildren.

A few plans for the rest of the week...more of the same.  Though is may seem as if my life is boring, there is really no need for excitement.  The wonder is found in the gentle moments of surprise and discovery.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...

Kim and the girls are back from their visit.  The reunion between Layn and Savannah was interesting to say the least. 


Layn is happiest when he is outside "holping" his auntie or daddy on the farm.

No comments: