thanks for the memories

Monday, April 1, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 1 April 2013


Outside my window...it is grey and gloomy with rain coming down.  I thought Lent was over? Oh well, this too shall pass.

I am thinking...about patience.  Sometimes you have it and sometimes patience is laziness in sheep's clothing.

I am thankful for...kind people who take my sons in even though one of them cheats at cards.

From the kitchen...there are leftovers galore from yesterday's sumptuous feast.  Let the Octave of Easter continue.

I am wearing...comfy cozy lay around the house clothes.  There will be no going out today so why get prettified.

I am going....to get a lot done today and stay home all the while I am doing it.  I have to drive to the airport tomorrow to pick up a friend and to Albany on Wed. so Kim can meet her dad. I think that is enough driving for this woman.

I am reading...poetry.  I am taking a break from the heavier tomes of late and indulging in a little pleasurable repast.

I am hoping...to get my final project done for my World Religions course today. 

I am hearing...Layn making his way downstairs to help his auntie,  the rain shooshing softly against the window pane behind me, and the wet roads noise that traffic makes as it goes by the house.

Around the house...life is swirling by in it's usual Monday morning dance.

One of my favorite things....watching my husband be the grandpa.

A few plans for the rest of the week...the usual punctuated by a shot or two of the unusual and just a dollop of the out of the ordinary.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...

                                           Grandpa and Kaycie just hanging out.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Hi Ann, Happy Monday. : ) Mondays are a bit strange aren't they? Can't quite get them figured out it seems...No matte how hard I try...There is just something about Mondays.

It's gloomy here too today, but the trees are bright green.

Love the photo, so darling.

Have a sweet day Ann, coffee and prayers to you dear friend.