thanks for the memories

Monday, May 20, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 20 May 2013

Outside my window...the sun is shining and it looks like the potential for a glorious day.  I think the little people can play in their yard and I will take my computer outside and work on final exams out there.

I am thinking...about little boys who are somewhat spoiled.  That situation needs to be nipped in the bud...now before it becomes intolerable!

I am thankful...for a husband who loves me in spite of my poor battered old body.

From the kitchen...I have to put on my creative cookery hat and think up something for supper tonight.

I am wearing....comfy loungy stuff.  The back has been grieving me lately so it is difficult to dress in anything complicated right now.

I am going...to stay home and finish up finals for at least one subject today.

I am reading...nothing...yet.  At the end of the week I will again indulge in some recreational reading.

I am hoping...that a bare minimum of PT sessions are all it takes to get my back and sciatic never under submission.  I haven't got time to lay around waiting for the pain to let up.

I am hearing....Savannah playing with her toy animals.  I love to hear the sounds that she makes in imitation of the ones she imagines that they make.  I hear MK's bird chipping away at it's mineral stone.  I can hear the radio across the road playing classic favorites to keep the pigs and calves company.

Around the house...MK has everything picked up, the kids fed and dressed, and the first load of laundry going.  How blessed I am to have family who cares so much and takes good care.  

One of my favorite things...watching Savannah bustling about the house doing her little girl things.  

A few plans for the rest of the week...finishing up school has priority.  Then I would like to get a few sewing projects done.  The hops need weeding and that should be done before they get much bigger.  That's probably enough work for one week and one person who is supposed to be resting.

Yesterday MK sang in a concert with our area  choral group.  Her father and I are so proud of her.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Hello friend, I enjoyed my visit here today! I love the idea of the radio playing to keep the cows and piggies happy. : ) We have a little miracle chicken at our house, a little Banty.

I'm so sorry your back is paining you these days. Oh no. I'll certainly be praying for you. 2500 of B12 twice a dy helped my back, a friend with back trouble was out of bed because of b12. (His nutritionist recommended) I take it at least once daily now.

Take care, I know how ya feel, it's a bit of patch patch on our dear bodies isn't it? Have you seen the movie, Forks Over Knives? I think it's on hulu. I have the dvd copy and the site is very educational in itself.

You take care of yourself dear one.

Love, Amelia