thanks for the memories

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Yummy Sesame Chicken



I know a good recipe when I swipe one and this is an excellent example of that.  My daughter-in-law shared this on FB and I knew when I read it that I was going to be hooked with one taste.

CROCK POT SESAME CHICKEn
Sesame Chicken for slow cooker

1 1/2 pound boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons dried onion
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tablespoons water
Sesame seeds

Put chicken into crock pot. 
Combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, and garlic. Pour over chicken. 
Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through. 
Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce. 
Dissolve 2 teaspoons of cornstarch in 3 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened. 
Cut chicken into bite size pieces and return to crock pot - can leave chicken in and simmer on low or serve. 
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice.



Of course true to my own form I had to make changes right with the first try.  I had no boneless skinless chicken so I used bone-in breasts.  I am also trying to cut wheat and all gluten out of my diet so I used GF soy sauce.  Other than that the recipe is still the same.  I cooked the chicken in the sauce then took it out, boned it, and shredded it up.  It was served over white rice that I cooked in my daughter's rice cooker along with green beans.  Very quick, easy and satisfying meal.

3 comments:

priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd said...

looks yummy- I use my sow cooker at least 2 times a week. I'm going to try this

Peggy Wolf said...

AK- Consider this swiped!

PW- Sow cooker? Being able to cook the whole pig at one time, wow, how efficient is that?!?

Peggy Wolf said...

Tried this one. My husband said, "It's a keeper." Thanks. Some of my favorite recipes come from you.