thanks for the memories

Monday, May 6, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 5 May 2013


Outside my window...the world is bright and brand new.  The sun is shining and multitudinous birds are singing.

I am thinking...about music and the range of feelings and emotions that can be expressed by a few simple chords.

I am thankful for...a day spent without any stress or schedule.  Thank you to my wonderful husband for giving in to the whims of his emotional wife.  Yesterday was perfect.

From the kitchen...the plan is for Auntie Kim's Cowboy Casserole.  There, now that we have a plan the rest of the day can begin.

I am wearing...an odd combination of sweatshirt and capris.  It's Monday and there is no place I have to go and no one here cares what I look like!!!!! Hooray for days like this.

I am going...nowhere!!!!!  The car shall have this day off to rest and recover from all of its faithful service.

I am reading...Othello by William Shakespeare

I am hoping...to get the bulk of my remaining assignments done today.  The stacks of fabric that I have been playing with are calling to me.  I have this large need to cut and sew.

I am hearing...Layn upstairs getting his room cleaned up and his laundry together (yes at 3 his mean grandma makes him do his own room and gather his laundry), I can hear the murmurs of MK and Melissa talking about something, and the parakeet chirping in its cage.

Around the house...there has been a subtle shift to warm weather mode.  Window areas have been cleared so that breezes don't knock things over.  Winter things are slowly disappearing and signs of spring and summer appear in their places.  It is housekeeping's nod to the change in seasons.

One of my favorite things...laying on the grass and watching the birds in the trees.  Spent plenty of time yesterday doing just that.

A few plans for the rest of the week....I think that this week I won't make plans.  Playing it by ear seems to be in order and coordinate well with the warm temperatures.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you....
An ants eye view of MK's perennial garden.

No comments: