thanks for the memories

Monday, September 23, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 23 September 2013


Outside my window...the sun is shining.  I assume it is quite chilly out there since it is quite chilly in here.  Now that it is officially fall, by the calendar anyway, I officially give the weather leave to act fall-like.

I am thinking...about little kids and the "I have to go pee dance" No matter how old I get it still amuses me to watch Layn go through his moves before he finally heads for the necessary.

I am thankful for...the women in my life who have stood in my mother's stead when she wasn't available.

From the kitchen...yet another party yesterday and yet another refrigerator full of leftover party fare!!!!!!  I love my life.

I am wearing...roasty toasties!!!! 

I am going....far away from my native land.  This is it folks, my last week in the old Kraeger boarding house.

I am reading....nothing, still, there's no time.

I am hoping...to get 2 weeks worth of work done in 5 days.  We'll see if that happens.

I am hearing...the washer fulfilling its destiny, Layn chattering away with his Mama while he eats his bagel, and strains of James Taylor punctuating the rhythm of this chilly Monday morning.

Around the house...party restoration has been nearly completed and all is back \the way it should be. Man I am going to miss all the good times and good friends that have happened in the old barn of a house.

One of my favorite things...cooking up a day of togetherness and friendship in my kitchen.

A few plans for the rest of the week...sorting books, packing clothing, final packing in the sewing room and saying good-bye.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...

This is the Layn that I carry in my heart. I thought I would share it with everyone else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann,

I adore reading your blog. Thank you for being an on-going witness of God's love. You and your family are in my prayers :)