thanks for the memories

Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook 9 December 2013

 
Outside my window...it is dark.  Doug and Mom are in bed and I am taking some quiet time to myself to look at pics of home and think about those who are far away.
 
I am thinking...about those who populate my life.  The family that I enjoy here in the South and the family that I left behind in the north.  How I miss my other mamas back in Verona and my dear daughters in Vernon.  I never knew that the need for a hug from my grandbabies could become something physical and so strong that it aches where my heart ought to be.
 
I am thankful for...the man that God has blessed me with.  There is no way that I could make this journey without the love of both God and my dear husband.
 
From the kitchen...we enjoyed chicken done with citrus fruit and rosemary in the crockpot along with mashed potatoes, squash and corn.  Tomorrow I think I will do something simple like meatloaf.
 
I am wearing...flannel jammies.
 
I am going...to bed as soon as I am done here.
 
I am reading...Father Alfred Delp.  His writings are so interesting and timely that I think it may take me longer than this season of Advent to get through this whole book.
 
I am hoping...that my mother wakes up in a better frame of mind tomorrow than she did today.
 
I am hearing...the sound of the furnace warming the house, the cars going by on the highway outside of the neighborhood, and the dog next door barking at something or other.
 
Around the house...there is a waiting presence.  Ever since we moved in here this house has whispered to me that it is waiting but for what I do not know.
 
One of my favorite things...the hush that comes when the fog settles in around here and the rain starts to fall.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...tomorrow we have to go to the holy day mass at noon.  Mom has PT twice this week along with visits from the nurse.  Tomorrow is Doug's birthday and I am planning on taking him out in the evening.  Wednesday will be the internment of my father's ashes.  That makes for a busy week for all of us.
 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...

My dear sweet daughter riding Rocco.
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prayers dear one as you walk this journey. The Lord has granted you many companions. May you all be blessed, good and faithful servants. ugotafriend.