thanks for the memories

Friday, January 24, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook 24 January 2014

 
Outside my window...the sun is shining and the sky is a deep blue color.  It is on days like this one that my spirit is lifted and everything is totally possible.
 
I am thinking...that the Lord sends us sunny days in order to convince us of the virtue of hope.
 
I am thankful for...my Mama whose heart is big enough to embrace me from a long distance. 
 
From the kitchen...mom and Doug are going to enjoy quiche for their dinner tonight.  Tomorrow I plan on putting a nice piece of pork into the crock pot and turning it into some good barbeque!!!
 
I am wearing...jeans and an orange tee shirt.
 
I am going...to spend this evening with my beloved husband. 
 
I am reading...The Scarlet Letter by Nathanial Hawthorne.  I thought I would revisit an old friend.
 
I am hoping...that tomorrow's weather is as nice as today.  I have to run into Greenville and it is always nicer and easier when the sun is shining.
 
I am hearing...the cooking network on TV, the clunking sound of the wooden puzzle pieces as mom puts her puzzle together, and the whir of the fan when the furnace comes on.
 
Around the house...it is warm and cozy.  Doug and I are making a home out of this place and it feels good.
 
One of my favorite things...completing a project and knowing that the recipient will really like what I created.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...since the week is about over there is not a lot of time for plans.  Tomorrow I have to take my laptop into Greenville to the Geek Squad to have the WebRoot software put on it.  When I am done there I will go back to St. Mary's and go to confession and to mass.
 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Looking at this picture of the water going over the falls brings back a perfect day spent outdoors.

No comments: