thanks for the memories

Monday, January 27, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook 27 January 2014

 
Outside my window...the sun is up and forecasters are calling for a high in the 50's!  Doug and I have already been talking about possible outdoors activities for the day.  I have to laugh at the way these southerners complain about the cold and wonder at us in our eagerness to spend all the time we can out in this glorious sunshine.  Spend a few years in the north my friends!
 
I am thinking...about lists.  Lists of things to make, lists of things I want to accomplish in myself and things that I want to learn.  The bright sunshine always makes me optimistic for the future.
 
I am thankful for...the day that we spent yesterday.  We toured two museums in Greenville, had lunch out and then came home and watched two episodes from Father Barron's Catholicism.  After the rosary and some snuggling it was time for bed and the end of a nearly perfect day.
 
From the kitchen...there will be some chicken enchiladas in the crock pot for Doug and mom and some grilled salmon for me.
 
I am wearing...my pj's still.  It is mom's bath day so there is really no sense getting ready for the day until after that chore is over.
 
I am going...to be staying home all day today.  I have a mountain of sewing to do and a new ruler coming in the mail to help me accomplish that.
 
I am reading...The Scarlet Letter. 
 
I am hoping...to get a little pink confection made up and shipped by the middle of next week.  A dear friend gave birth Saturday to a little baby girl which calls for some sweet baby sewing.
 
I am hearing...the furnace taking the chill off the house, mom scraping the last of the applesauce out of her bowl, and Doug listening to some video on youtube.
 
Around the house...there are some necessary chores calling out to be done that I am doing a good job about ignoring.
 
One of my favorite things...creating beautiful dresses for new little lives!
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...going out one of these days to get my hair cut and colored!!! Sorry family members who say they like it grey, I don't.  I was thinking a nice vibrant shade of purple. What do you think Kim Kraeger?
 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
My wonderful, loving, patient husband enjoying one of the displays at a museum that we visited yesterday.  The inmate didn't have a good time but I daresay that there is little that we could have done that would have changed that. Yesterday was all about pleasing the man.

No comments: