thanks for the memories

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook Wednesday 8 January 2014

Outside my window...the sun is shining brightly and it has warmed up into the 40's finally!  I know you people in the north have had much colder temperatures but somehow know I am living in the south makes temperatures in the teens an affront.
 
I am thinking...about changes and being forced to change.  I used to complain about changes, even fight change but now, after living with a woman who is suffering from dementia I am coming to terms with the place that change plays in our lives.  I think that change, to a degree, plays a role in keeping the brain sharp. 
 
I am thankful...for the power that the Lord has given to me to notice things, analyze them, and come to conclusions about what I should do in my life.
 
From the kitchen...there are two loaves of bread cooling on the counter and two GF pizza crusts waiting to be topped with a whole lot of goodness.  Thank you Sharon for that wonderful cookbook!!! I am loving all the GF goodies that it contains.
 
I am wearing...a big baggy shirt and sweat pants.  Today is a day to stay home and get a lot of things done. 
 
I am going...to stay home for the next couple of days (I hope). I have all the embroidery done on the burps that I am making and the dresses and panties done as well. Now all that is left is the fasteners on the dresses and the trimming on the burps.
 
I am reading...the poetry of Alfred Lord Tennyson.  I have been feeling the need for some poetry lately.
 
 I am hoping...to finish this sewing job and ship it by the weekend so that I can get going on Ryan and Kathleen's wedding present and on their album quilt for their reception.
 
I am hearing...the ice machine doing its job in the kitchen, the furnace keeping the house warm, and The Hunger Games audio book playing on the stereo.
 
Around the house...everything is warm, bright and sunny.  I love the fact that this house is situated so that the sun pours in the windows for most of the day.  I have my sewing area set up in the living room in front of the two biggest windows in the house.
 
One of my favorite things...these days when I know that I have been doing what God has sent me here for.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...finish my sewing, pick up the car when it is done at the mechanics, keep up with Mom's physical therapy, keep loving my family and stay close to my God.
 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
 
Mom getting her first manicure.

No comments: