thanks for the memories

Sunday, January 5, 2014

For all of my GF friends...

 
My very dear sister-in-law, Sharon, gave me this book for Christmas and let me say that it is a real keeper!
After being invited to my brother's house to enjoy a pizza dinner and being treated to a GF crust that was made from a recipe in this book I knew that Sharon had found a the answer to gluten free eating.
 
Imagine my surprise when, on Christmas morning, I opened my package and not only was this book in there but also a number of the flours that figure in many of the recipes!  I felt like I had found a treasure.
 
Today I finally got a chance to do some baking and my first attempt was the recipe for English Muffins.  Being the most versatile type of bread product I thought they might be a good place to start.
 
My oven runs a bit on the warm side so they did come out a little darker than I would have liked but I gave one a try and I have to say they are more than acceptable.

The recipe as it is written makes 24 muffins so I cut it in half since I only had 12 muffin rings. They are not only chewy but they even have nooks and crannies when you split them.

I highly recommend buying this book if gluten free eating is in your lifestyle.  Another resource that Sharon introduced me to is nuts.com.  On this website I was able to find all of the flours that were listed in the book and at lower prices than were available locally.  Happy baking everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I'll be searching for it. What an epiphany gift. Blessings to you. donna