thanks for the memories

Monday, February 17, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 17 February 2014

 
Outside my window...the sun is shining brightly with a promise of warming today.  The weather prognosticators say we are supposed to get up into the 60's which is music to my ears.
 
I am thinking...about sharing.  There are so many different ways of sharing.  Everyday Layn and I share our mornings on Facetime, my husband and I share our love with each and every look and touch, my children that are far away share themselves and their lives each in their own unique ways. 
 
I am thankful...for a family that shares and cares enough to share with each other.  In this age of distance between loved ones it would be so easy to live a life separate from each other.
 
From the kitchen...bread needs to be baked today along with a few other goodies!  I think a pan of GF brownies are a good idea to take with me tomorrow when I visit with my sister-in-law Sharon.
 
I am wearing...jeans and a turquoise tee shirt.  Its going to be a busy day so comfort is the uniform of the day.
 
I am going...to stay home and tend to all my responsibilities here at home.  Though my husband has given me leave to spend tomorrow away I still feel that I need to make things clean and comfortable for him.  All he'll have to do is heat us his lunch and take care of mom and the dog.
 
I am reading...still working on Dark Night of the Body.  Very good read by the way.
 
I am hoping...that all of the arcs for Kathleen's quilt get themselves done today so that I can begin appliqueing the blocks on Wednesday.
 
I am hearing...the dryer working on its first load of the day, the blue jays in the yard calling back and forth to each other, and an airplane taking off from the airport near here.
 
Around the house...all is as it should be.  We had a great weekend and now it is time to face another productive week.
 
One of my favorite things...exploring new places with my husband.  Yesterday we went for a drive and discovered a place called Pumpkintown! 
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...taking good care of Doug and my mom and enjoying my time with Sharon tomorrow.
 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Saturday I drove to North Carolina a brought home this little girl to add to our family.  Her name is Ariel.

No comments: