thanks for the memories

Monday, February 24, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 24 February 2014

 
Outside my window...it is dark and rather likely to remain so for awhile.  Doug has a job, glory hallelujah! so I need to be getting up a little earlier in the morning than before. There is a rumor going around that today is going to shape up the way that yesterday did so that is a large plus. Bring on the sunshine and the warmth.
 
I am thinking...about food and not in a good way. It is not a good morning when I wake up with gooey chocolate treats on the brain.
 
I am thankful...for all of the blessings that God has rained down on this family of mine. 
 
From the kitchen...there will be leftovers repurposed into something utterly delectable! 
 
I am wearing...flannel jammies! It still gets a bit nippy at night around here so flannel is the fabric of the evening in this house.
 
I am reading...One Thousand Gifts by Anne Voskamp.  This is a very good read both inspiring and a feast for those who like words.
 
I am hoping...to get some double wedding ring blocks put together today.  I have half of the arcs made for the quilt.  It would be encouraging to see some of the blocks put together.
 
I am hearing...the humidifier doing its job of keeping the air in here moist,  the birds outside beginning to wake up and greet the day, and the dog snoring in her kennel.
 
Around the house...there is silence but it is a friendly kind of silence.  The air has the flavor of expectancy and anticipation about it.  The feeling of adventure has been imparted to the house and it only awaits each new day to see what role it will play in the unfolding story of our new adventure.
 
One of my favorite things...making a huge mess when I am sewing then cleaning it up and enjoying the feel of the newly restored space.
 
A few plans for the rest of  the week...working hard on Kathleen's quilt, spending a lot of time on Facetime with MK and my grandkids, and soaking in the blossoming spring weather that is right outside my door.
 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Doug spent a lot of time and effort clearing the brush from this hill behind our house.  Then he worked up the soil and planted wheat, oats, and grass.  It is greening up nicely.  It has now become one of my favorite things to walk to the kitchen and look out on the greenness of that hill and know that my husband's mark is on the soil here too.

No comments: