thanks for the memories

Monday, March 17, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 17 March 2014

 
Outside my window...the world is weeping!  Last week's 60's and 70's have given way to 40's and the sunshine has become liquefied.  Last week's taste of Easter is gone.  The Lord seems to be reminding me that it is still Lent and though he lifted my heart briefly the time for mourning and reflection has not yet passed.
 
I am thinking...how readings and meditations that I surely have come across before suddenly seem to take over my consciousness.  The Lord has always put those very words and thoughts before but they were not as significant to my world as they are now and so I didn't pay as close attention as I am now.
 
I am thankful...for the upcoming visit from my daughter.  She will be like a fresh breeze in my world.
 
From the kitchen...there will be Ruebens on the menu.  That's as close as I am coming to corned beef and cabbage.
 
I am wearing...jammies. Yes, it is after 9AM and I am still not ready for the day. 
 
I am reading...nothing!I have given up trying to read anything.  The inmate gets into trouble whenever I get into a book.
 
I am hoping..to get a lots of things done today so that they aren't interfering with my visit with MK this week.  Shhhh! Don't tell mom that.
 
I am hearing...Ariel drinking from her bowl, mom clacking her Duplos together as she builds something, and the priest on TV talking about something.
 
Around the house...it is too quiet, too neat, and too organized! I need little kid clutter, noise, and chaos.
 
One of my favorite things...hearing Layn's little voice saying, "Good morning, Marya!"
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...first I have to stop the clocks so that time no longer flies! Then I am going to enjoy every minute with MK.
 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
I love this man beyond description.

No comments: