thanks for the memories

Monday, March 10, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 10 March 2014

 
Outside my window...the sun is shining brightly and it is already warming up nicely.  The weather guys are calling for highs in the 70's and you are not going to hear complaints from this zip code!!
 
I am thinking...with excitement about the week to come. One week from today my beloved daughter will be coming to visit and there is much to do.  I resolve not to let anyone or anything mar the excitement of anticipation or the joy of being with MK for one whole week.
 
I am thankful for...sunshine, green grass, soft breezes, porch swings, and a dog to keep me company when my love is off to work.
 
From the kitchen...bread will be baked today along with something good for my husband's supper.  I think scalloped potatoes and ham will be just the thing.
 
I am wearing...navy capris and a green tee.  Somehow I have to get some kind of workout in today so I have to be ready.  Maybe a long walk later on when it really warms up.
 
I am reading...Lady Almina Corcarvan and the real Downton Abbey
 
I am hoping...to get some sewing done this week.  There are a heap of projects in my future and I need to stay on top of the ever growing pile.
 
I am hearing...the red birds and jays calling in the back yard, Ariel barking at the neighbor kids behind us (they can no longer ride their bikes down our back hill!) and the clack of the duplos as mom builds whatever is in her mind.
 
Around the house...the floors, bathrooms, dusting, and kitchen are all done. My charge is bathed and fed and has already enjoyed the mass on TV.  Though the sun shines and calls me to come out and play there is still baking and laundry to fill my Monday.
 
One of my favorite things...evocative smells.  With the dearth of Maple trees around here I fear that I am going to be deprived of that soft young scent of budding Maples that always heralds Spring in New York State.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week....prepare for the coming of MK!!!!  All the while being sure to maintain my normal duties and not forget that it is Lent and so to continue my Lenten practices.
 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
The whole weekend was spend out in the fresh air and sunshine.  Just as with my kids when they were little people we reaped the benefits of Mom being out all weekend long.  She slept peacefully all Saturday and Sunday nights.

No comments: