thanks for the memories

Monday, March 3, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 3 March 2014

 
Outside my window...there is a light rain falling.  Though it is only March the scent of the rain is like that in early April back in New York.  The new grass that Doug planted is greening up and the bare ground is contributing its earthy (pardon the pun) odor to the world today.
 
I am thinking...that no matter how "over things" one thinks one is there is always a situation that can convince you to the contrary.
 
I am thankful...for the Catholic faith and the sacrament of confession.  There is nothing more freeing and cleansing than guilt and the proper response to it.
 
From the kitchen...there are black beans and chicken on the menu!!!!  This girl loves her some black beans.
 
I am wearing...flannel jammies.  The damp weather has made the arthuritis rear its ugly head.
 
I am reading...The Book of Job in the Bible.
 
I am hoping...to get Kathleen's quilt top finished and shipped this week. I have a pile of sewing to do for my grand babies and I am eager to get to it.
 
I am hearing...the sound of the rain splashing in the birdbath outside the window, the dog snoring in the livingroom, and the news playing on the TV.
 
Around the house...I look at the changes and wonder what my father would say about it all.  I think he would be pleased by the grass that is growing and the fence posts that are in the ground.  I like to think that he and Doug would have rolled up their sleeves and dig in to conquer the earth and make that yard behave.
 
One of my favorite things...the changing of the seasons.  That doesn't seem to mean the same thing here in the southland as it did back home.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...prepare myself and my patient (as much as she is able) for the coming season of Lent.  I look forward to Lent every year. I wonder what this year's Lent will bring as far as sanctifying experience is concerned.
 
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you... 
I thought that I had gotten a dog. I guess she defected!  Actually when I got her home it was love at first sight, at least on her part.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and can you blame her. She is just confirming your excellent choice. Blessings as we start this season of preparation.
I am sure your dad is watching and very pleased at Doug's progress and your service and devotion.
ugotafriend

Ryan said...

He always did have a way with the critters.

Amelia said...

I love that pic...Totally warms my heart. Your husband has a kind countenance, that big pup is a darling. <3 What a precious fur angel, a blessing for all!