thanks for the memories

Monday, March 31, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 30 March 2014

Outside my window...the sun is up and already warming the great outdoors.  It looks like this day will shape up to be another warm sunny one.  I think that playing in the dirt is definitely on the agenda.

I am thinking...about my feelings of disconnect between living here and reading about what is going on back home.  Flooding has come to the city of Oneida again.  My heart and prayers go out to all those who are experiencing this trial once again.

I am thankful for...the life I live and the people who populate it.  

From the kitchen...I think pulled pork is on the menu today.  I like a meal that I can put in the crock pot and forget until it is time to serve it up.

I am wearing...warm and cozies.  

I am hoping...to get some serious garden planting done today.  My wonderful man built me a cold frame and a lovely raised bed.  Now that it is not raining or cold out there I think that it is time for the spring crops to go into the ground.  

I am hearing...birds singing in the yard (thank you MK for the early Mother's Day gift of a bird feeder and bird house), the dog is snoring away on the bed beside me, and an airplane is revving up to take off at the airport nearby.

Around the house...all is silent and restful.  The weekend was filled with togetherness, nice weather, and stimulating activities now it is time to fill the week with the business of living.

One of my favorite things...finishing off my Sunday by attending Solemn Vespers.  

A few plans for the rest of the week...I expect there will be the usual round of laundry, housework, and cooking (there's no escaping that).  The struggle this week is to fulfill my inside duties before I indulge in outside fun.  

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
She's wondering when I am coming out to keep her company.

No comments: