thanks for the memories

Monday, May 12, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 12 May 2014


Outside my window...the sun is bright, there is a light breeze blowing, the maples are in flower and giving off their perfume and all is right with my world.

I am thinking...about the way that this place is such an integral part of my makeup.  When we stepped out of the terminal in Syracuse the scents of Upstate New York filled my head and I felt a distinct sense of well being.  My body and soul finally were in line with what my mind was telling them, I was home.

I am thankful...for this gift of time at home from my son.  

From the kitchen...I don't know and I don't care.  I am not here for the food but rather for the people.

I am wearing...jeans and my new shirt from Savannah and Kaycie.  It has a butterfly made from Kaycie's feet and a flower made from Savannah's hands.  I am a sucker for those kinds of things.

I am hoping...by some miracle that the next 20 some hours go really slow.  I am trying to savor every second that I am here and with my peeps!  

I am hearing...grackles calling in the trees in front of the house ( I hate to admit that I sort of missed that sound), Grandpa and Layn talking to each other as they do little jobs for Auntie Mate, and Christopher cooing to himself in his saucer.  These are the songs that make up the soundtrack of my life for the last 30 years.

Around the house...there is utter and beautiful chaos!!! the decor is punctuated by suitcases, toys, blankies, and stuffed creatures.  How I have missed the disorder and noise.

One of my favorite things...seeing the way Papa and Layn dote on each other.  Layn has barely left Papa's side since we got here last night.

A few plans for the rest of the week...enjoy, that's my plan.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
The men checking out the mud on the skidder.  I love these guys more than I can express.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy for you

Peggy Wolf said...

There's no place like home.

Anonymous said...

you're on my coast but I won't be in the North West for another month. Blessings on your trip. ugotafriend.