thanks for the memories

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 20 May 2014


Outside my window...the sun is shining brightly off the wings of the airplanes parked along the tarmac.  In the terminal it is a climate controlled 66 degrees and all of the people around me remain pleasantly anonymous.  

I am thinking...that it is time for me to be done with all of this traveling.  Much as I like to fly I think that thrill has worn thin this trip and this bird needs to land and stay that way for awhile.

I am thankful for...so much.  God has blessed me, I know this with every fiber of my being, but it has been brought so much to home on this particular trip.  (that is fodder for another blog post)

From the kitchen...? Let's be real. This grandmother isn't going to be doing very much cooking any time soon.  I should probably be walking from NY to SC in order to be able to work off all the the great food that I have consumed in the last 10 days.

I am wearing...jeans and a tee shirt.  One must be comfy, first and foremost, when traveling.

I am hoping...for smooth sailing on this last leg of the trip.  I don't think I can take any drama at this stage in the game.

I am hearing...the sounds of announcements on the PA system, a TV playing off in the distance, and a conversation between two woman close by.

One of my favorite things...the interaction between my family members and the love that they show to each other.

A few plans for the rest of the week...well, I have two large suitcases full of dirty laundry and a mother at the house waiting for me.  That should be sufficient to keep me out of trouble for the near future.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Rehearsal for the big day.  I didn't cry but it was touch and go all the way.

No comments: