thanks for the memories

Monday, August 18, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 18 August 2014


Outside my window...the rain is coming down in buckets! Every time that I have ever heard or used that phrase all I can picture is buckets falling from the sky and piling up on the ground.  The rain is piling up if not the buckets.

I am thinking...about family and how relationships change as your children grow older.

I am thankful for...the visit that we had with Ryan this past weekend.  It may seem stupid but I could sit and look at any of my children for hours on end. They don't have to be talking or doing anything profound. It is the fact of their existence that makes me so very happy.

From the kitchen....something will come forth. Right now I have no plan and no real desire to make one. 

I am reading...Father Alfred Delp's prison writings. I thought it appropriate since I too am incarcerated. 

I am hearing...the rain falling.  Even that is so different than back home that I can't help but notice the difference.  I recall when they put the steel roof on the farm house.  The first few times that it rained at night it sounded like rapid gunfire.  Now that I am gone I would happily settle for the sound of machine guns while I am sleeping.  The comfort of familiar sounds, smells, and sights cannot be over rated.

One of my favorite things...being in the woods.

A few plans for the rest of the week...survive.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
If it weren't for this man in my life this difficult situation would be unbearable.

No comments: