thanks for the memories

Monday, September 1, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book 1 September 2014


Outside my window...the sun is making its feeble effort to shine and light up our world.  Though there is no call for rain today it is sure cloudy and gloomy outside.  

I am thinking....about age and changes and growing closer to the one you love.  As I sit here at the table across from the man I love I see not only his face as it is now but his face as a composite of all the times that I have gazed at him in this situation.  His beard is no longer red yet is still as thick and full as it ever was.  In younger years facial hair almost made him look like a boy trying to be a man. Now, however it makes him look like a man who is himself and content in that mantle.

I am thankful for...the life that he and I have gotten to live together.  There have been many ups and down but it is strange that the happy times and the love that we have shared predominate in my mind and memories and the bad times act like a frame that enhances the beauty of our love.

From the kitchen...burgers and fixins are on the menu.  I miss the Labor Day things that we did back on the farm.  In memory and honor of all those times I will cook like I have always done to commemorate this day.

I am reading...the Master and Commander books though I have to admit that it is a struggle.  Not because there is anything lacking in the storytelling but in the reader instead.  I am totally without knowledge or understanding of all things nautical.

I am hearing...the neighbor's dog barking her morning hello to whomever she scents on the breeze.  I hear the sounds that my mother makes as she eats her breakfast and my husband as he clicks through the pages of the online article that he is reading.

One of my favorite things...the little blessings and surprises that await us around every corner.

A few plans for the rest of the week...this week will be busy with finishing little projects, cleaning the house, and preparing for our trip next week.  We are in the final days before Adam and Maryanne get married and the Kraeger clan converges on Tacoma.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
We came across this sign when we were out on Saturday.  This is one of those little blessings and surprises that I encounter in my days.  Seeing this sign conjured up an image of my youngest grandson and prompted heartfelt prayer on his behalf.

No comments: