thanks for the memories

Monday, November 3, 2014

Hints, tidbits, and a little looks inside.3 November 2014


Outside my window...it is COLD!  This morning I listened as my husband scraped the ice from his car before he left for work.  Though I am hardly used to him leaving for work in the morning, hearing him scrape the car on his way out is not an unusual happening.  When we were still on the farm, this man who loves me so much, used to scrape the car clean on his way past to the barn.  He cleaned it off in anticipation of any errand I might have to run that day.  He did it out of love for me.  It didn't matter if it was cold and windy, snowy, or there were inches of accumulation, he did it anyway.

I am thinking...about love lately.  Not the silly, syrupy stuff that fills the movies and novels of the day, but the real stuff.  The love that scrapes the ice off a car that may not be leaving the driveway that day, the love that chronicles the lives of grandchildren for a grandma hundreds of miles away.  This type of love, self-sacrificing, giving, and joyful is the kind of love that my days are filled with and surrounded by.  I live in a glorious world that is defined by love and it humbles me.

I am thankful...for sunshine, oak leaves falling, wood smoke, and breezes.  

I am remembering...cool Sunday evenings spent cooking hot dogs over a fire, listening to my children as they played together, and the smell of the apple wood as it burned and lighted up our nights.





I have been working...trying to finish orders and build up a supply of things for sale.  The embroidery machine has been running constantly creating lovelies to please the eye.  I truly enjoy searching for designs that will make people happy and then incorporating them into my creations.

From the kitchen...sweet potato soup is on the menu! Lately I cannot get enough of those lovely orange vegetables.  Maybe I will bake some chicken to go with it and possibly some pumpkin bread on the side.

I am reading...CS Lewis' Mere Christianity, again for the gozillianth time!  This time of year, the cooler weather, the end of the Liturgical season all seem to inspire me to reread old favorites and discover new truths in them.




A few plans for the rest of the week...ignore the pain in my hips and legs brought on by the cold and Saturday's rain and drive into a fresh week of creativity, care for my mother, and loving my husband. All of that will be punctuated by chats with MK and Melissa, glimpses of Christopher and Layn, Stories of Savannah and Kaycie as told to me by Kim, and prayers for all of those that I love.


Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you....

This morning's view out the window of my workroom.  If I don't focus on that shed back there I can almost imagine that I am living in the woods...almost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having a good imagination is essential. Thanks for sharing your life. donna