thanks for the memories

Monday, October 27, 2014

Hints, tidbits, and a little look inside

Outside my window...the sun is beginning to lighten the sky.  The neighbors next door have chickens and their adolescent rooster is attempting to crow to let us all know it is time to start a new day.  The school bus is coming through the development picking up the kids for another school day while the activity at the airport has picked up and planes can be heard taxiing along the runway in preparation for take off. The mockingbirds, bluejays, and cardinals are all out calling and gossiping to each other as the gather their morning hoard of seeds and berries.

I am thinking...about blood pressure, health insurance, appreciation of things lost and several other not quite related topics.  

I am thankful...for this man and the precious time that we have to be together.  He has been working six day weeks at his job lately and so we have less time to share.  How blessed we were to live where he worked for all the years the kids were growing up.  To be able to pack them all into a trailer, hook up a tractor and drive out to whatever field he was working in was a blessing that I took for granted at the time.  All the years of having to cook 3 meals a day (gasp, doing my duty) was a blessing in disguise that I never really understood until now.  

I am remembering...times spent having picnic lunches by our favorite clearing, long walks through the woods (ostensibly to look for standing logs to sell) to get some alone time together, or sitting under the stars saying the rosary while a fire burns merrily before us.

From the kitchen...there is leftover chicken stew, salmon salad, and green beans to be finished up. That should get me off the cooking hook at least for today.

Surprises and blessings...yesterday's trip to Georgia just to see this waterfall!  The drive was beautiful as was the walk to the falls.  When we rounded the bend and came upon this sight it was breathtaking.  These falls drop and unimpeded 186 feet.  The water in the creek beyond the falls made more noise than the water falling from the cliff.  It was so restful to sit there listening to the sounds the water makes as it works its way down stream.  Later we drove to the lake that is the source of the falls and had a picnic.


In the creativity department...I took some time off last week to make some pants for my granddaughter Kaycie.  The little imp insists on growing!  Being the grandma I couldn't just make some plain pants for my little girl.  I have to embellish and make them fun for her to wear at the same time.

A few plans for the rest of the week...get the house into shape again! I hesitate to let ReNee' know that I haven't done a whole lot of cleaning since we got back from Washington.  So, with that being said, cleaning and laundry are the first order of business today.  There are phone calls to be made, sewing projects to be completed and shipped, and emails and messages to be answered and sent. That should about do it for today! I guess the rest of the week can take care of itself.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you....
The glorious blue of the sky yesterday is a good image to keep in mind while the north enjoys cold, damp, and a slight chance of snow.

No comments: