thanks for the memories

Monday, December 29, 2014

Hints, tidbits, and a bit of a look inside. 29 December 2014

Outside my window...it is cloudy, drizzly, and nasty.  It is one of those, "I want to be a baby and curl up and sleep" kind of days.  Since that is irresponsible I have opted to clean the house and do three loads of laundry. 

The best gifts given at any time of the year are the thoughtful ones and the unexpected ones. I ordinarily don't designate anything as the best or my favorite since I love all the givers of all gifts and the love that is behind the giving.  But two stand out for me this year.  The roses that my husband brought home for me sing in my heart and make me smile because he rarely buys me gifts.  


The blanket that Kim and Jason holds a special place as well.  Kim and I started out in a rocky place and my heart had trouble opening to her.  Her special motherhood and the openness of the gift of her children to me has been a bond that gets stronger every day.


I am thinking...about the wonder of having a grown child visit for the holidays.  About the special dance that must be choreographed so that a mother can mother and still let her son be a man in his own right.  

I am thankful....for the blessing of sons who love and are patient with their mother.  

I am reading...the last few chapters of St. Faustina's diary so that I can dive into the pile of new reads that were part of my Christmas blessings this year.

Creatively speaking...the workshop will be set up and open for business tomorrow.  My dear brother, Matthew has constructed a website for me and I am gearing up to take more orders and swing into business again.

From the kitchen...there are still plenty of leftovers to nourish us for today and tomorrow so can ease into the whole normal routine thing.



A few plans for the rest of the week....say good bye to Matthew tomorrow before he heads back to NC.  That will be some sadness for me but also a certain contentment knowing that he had a happy Christmas holiday.  He made new friends, had some good times, and is returning rested and refreshed to begin a new year of learning and serving.. 



No comments: