thanks for the memories

Monday, January 5, 2015

Hints, tidbits, and bit of a look inside. 5 January 2015

Outside my window...there is a full moon shining down silvering everything in its path.  After all the rain over the weekend and the freezing temperatures overnight there is a sparkle and shine to the trees and grass that is reminiscent of late fall back home.

I am thinking...about new beginnings. Whether they come in larger intervals as in New Year's resolutions or starting fresh on any given Monday I cannot help but be reminded of the quote from Anne of Green Gables, "Every day is new with no mistakes in it...yet."  Since God concerns himself, I believe, more with our intent and efforts in that direction, hooray for new beginnings.

I am thankful...for a world that is set up so I can have asparagus any time of the year.  I am thankful for a God who blessed us with asparagus and so many different ways to eat it.

I am reading...The Diary of a Country Priest.  

Creatively speaking...I am attempting to channel my reactions to the weather, lack of snow, being away from loved ones, etc. into my work.  There is a rather sizable box of projects cut out that I am working my way through as well as UFOs that are being quilted and prepared for shipping to their rightful owners.  


I am also waiting for a package from little Miss Attitude here.  Her favorite blankie is being shipped to the blankie hospital for emergency surgery.  Don't worry Kaycie grandma will get it done and shipped out as quickly as she possibly can.

On the cute front...Savannah (aka Queen Elsa, Sophia the first and whoever else her imagination dictates) just keeps getting smarter and cuter by the day. While her sister may be able to wilt a whole room with one look Savannah can charm the same group with a smile. I love these two imps.

From the kitchen...there is potato soup already simmering on the stove. Doug has a very long day today so I figured something easy to warm up and really filling was in order.

A few plans for the rest of the week...you know, same old same old.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ann, your grandaughters are absolutely scrumptious! Lucky grandma, you!