thanks for the memories

Monday, February 23, 2015

I struggle too

Don't put me up there on that pedestal.
not anywhere but in your prayers.

Don't tell me how strong, patient,
loving, kind, or holy I am.

Put me in your prayers.

I struggle too
you just may not see it.

"You couldn't do what I am doing"
how many times have I heard that one.

Neither can I do what I do
without your prayers.

"how you must love.."
that's another one I hear.

Love, what's love?
right now I sure don't feel it.

I just need your prayers.

Purgatory shortened, heaven guaranteed,
just because I carry hell inside of me?

It's your prayers,
I just need your prayers.

Admiration, you can keep it
I know what's inside of me

I beg you for your prayers

Kind words, they are for the good
I live with what's inside of me

I only want those prayers.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers constantly dear one.
You have my admiration, respect, love not because of what you do but who you are.
The road you have been placed upon is a long and winding one. There were other options that might have been easier but that's not who you are. You are loyal and brave and willing to do the uncomfortable because it is right that you do so. Not right because it is easy or "rewarding" but because it honors Our Father. You are His and He cares for you far more than you can fathom.
He has put you in this place and time for His own purpose and He will never leave you or forsake you.
So dear friend, as you journey on. I pray for you and ask that the Lord give strength to your legs and mercy in every step, word, breath. May love, mercy and grace lead whatever comes your way. ugotafriend in me.

Lisa said...

Ann. You are in my every prayer. I love you, dear friend.