thanks for the memories

Thursday, August 11, 2016

The days are flying too fast day book 11 August 2016

Outside my window...the sun shines with all its brilliance and it is shaping up to be another hot and humid day.  I moved away from South Carolina to get away from this kind of weather!  Not complaining though. Central New York is enjoying an unusually warm and humid summer but boy could we use some serious rain.  


I am thinking...about adventures.  Last week while Kim sent the day with Nate the girls and I had an adventure at the local zoo.  I have been resolved, for the past year, to make an effort to view the world and all its wonders through the eyes of the little ones that God has placed in my life.  Everything is new and wonderful when it is filtered through a child's wonder.

All that being said...I am thankful for these little people in my world.  Each has his own likes and dislikes, personality and way of seeing the world around him.

I am reading...The Life of Padre Pio.  Years ago when I had the privilege of venerating a relic of the good saint he has become one of my true friends.  


From the kitchen (which has been restocked since this guy's last visit)...there is a very fresh chicken in the crock pot.  On the counter waiting some culinary wizardry is a bowl of tomatoes, cucumbers, beet greens, and broccoli.

Creatively speaking...now that MK has effectively sparked my fires again I have a couple of bag orders to fill and some Christmas gift sewing to begin. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...I plan on rolling with the punches, going with the flow, and just generally living life as it comes at me.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you....

My mother was recently put on hospice care so my sister, Sue and I made a trip to visit with her.  She had no clue who we were or why we were there but I think the visit generally pleased her.  I know that I will always treasure the time spent with my sister and the chance to get to know her better.

No comments: