thanks for the memories

Monday, August 15, 2016

What a beautiful day dedicated to my Blessed Mother Monday 15, August 2016

Outside my window...the sun is shining through a layer of clouds. The light breeze and all the storms over the weekend have managed to break the heat and humidity down to a bearable level.  Last I looked it was 72 out and much drier!!!!  It is shaping up to be a good day to get caught up on yard and garden work which has been sadly neglected during this hot spell.  Of course it is cool enough to catch up on the cleaning of the home which also lapsed due to the heat.  Whatever gets done today is determined by tomorrow's forecast.  

I am thinking...of the time that is wasted by those who neglect family.  Last evening we observed a little boy of about 2 playing in the sand at the beach.  Sadly his father was sitting on a bench looking at his phone the whole time.  Not only did he waste that irretrievable time with his little boy but he deprived his boy of valuable emotion and spiritual connection that only a father can give.  



I am thankful...for this man who not only dedicated his life to myself and our children but continues that dedication to his grandchildren.  His patience and wisdom are graces that cannot be replaced or duplicated by another.


Saturday Layn and Christopher spent the morning "helping" their dad break down some wheels and repair flats on some of the equipment.  Great activity for a muddy Saturday morning.  Christopher's feet were dressed and ready for whatever mud puddle that may come in his path.


Let's not forget the ear protection just in case daddy or papa fire up something that is noisy.

Papa and his two girls being goofy last night.  We all met at the beach and had pizza, ice cream and played in the sand. The sunset over the lake was spectacular and finished off the evening perfectly.

I am reading...Animal Farm by George Orwell.  I came across a volume in the bargain bin at Barnes and Noble and decided it was a story worth re-reading.

From the kitchen...there will be deliciousness and much cooking.  Cooler weather always brings out the urge to whip up something nice.  Perhaps I will make some zucchini bread for a certain son who has mentioned it a time or two.  There is also about half a bushel of tomatoes that beg me to can them before they go bad.  I may be biting off more than this day can hold! 

Creatively speaking...I have completed all my commissions to date and have gotten out the antique linens in the hopes of doing a little charitable sewing for infants.  (that is if I can keep my hands clean enough to work with whites)

A few plans for the rest of the week...oh, you know, stuff.  Lately I have tried not to plan too much.  Instead going with the flow and responding to promptings has been uppermost on my daily calendar.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you....

My two little mermaids playing in the sand and dipping into the lake.  Their squeals of pleasure and surprise were the perfect punctuation for a summer evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Thanks for the reminders. Praying for you. ugotafriend.