thanks for the memories

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

It's complicated

Facebook wants to know what's on my mind and I just got a text from my daughter asking how my day is going. I truly don't think either wants to know the true answer to either question.  Let's just say it's complicated.

Today was supposed to be a day spent clearing up some unfinished business and perhaps finished off by reading my book on the porch swing.  Yeah, right!  I started out by being awakened abruptly by the pain of an injured shoulder then nearly having to spend the day shut up in the downstairs bathroom. I guess I can thank God for a loose blade on my saw for saving me from that one. (Yes Matthew it has bee tightened up and is in fine working order)

After extricating myself from the bathroom with my handy screwdriver that just happened to be in my pocket I decided to do up the dishes and tidy the kitchen.  What could possibly happen while doing those mundane chores?  How about trying to grind up a spoon in the disposal?  Please family there is a reason why I don't want dishes piled in the sink!!!!!!  I think that noise took a few years off my life but I girded my loins and sat down to make all of the dreaded phone calls that were on the list for the day.  NO ONE WAS THERE! I HAD TO LEAVE MESSAGES AT EVERY NUMBER I DIALED! Don't people know how I despise talking on the phone. Now I have to wait for the return calls.

If that wasn't enough for one day while hanging the roman shades I made that turned into balloon blinds, (don't aske me how) I managed to strip out half a dozen screws and two drivers.  I fell off the stool that I was standing on and touched the side of my hand to the iron while I was ironing the sheets before I hung them up.

I am now sitting on the porch soaked in sweat (no sweet neighbor lady I did not enjoy my dip in the pool this is sweat!) and wondering if there is anything else dangerous that I can do today. Thank God the ribs are in the crock pot, no grilling for me, and the salad is already made.  I cannot imagine what I would do if I picked up a knife today.

No comments: