thanks for the memories

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Blessed feast of the Immaculate Conception

    
There are days when I sit in my chair and I’m just like Teddy here, asleep at the wheel. Oh to be sweet and innocent as a baby again. This little guy loves two things in this world, being held by someone he loves and eating all the food. If only all of life were that simple.                                                                                                           
This morning the silence woke me up. I knew as soon as I opened my eyes that it had snowed in the night and that it has stayed on the ground. 

I am not a particular fan of snow in itself, too wet and cold for my liking. However snow by its very nature brings two things that I not only appreciate but crave some days, silence and beauty. There is nothing like a fresh dusting to cover the dead grass, piles of sodden leaves, and mud. I am sure that there is a scientific explanation for the silence that comes with a snowfall but that isn’t important to me. When the flakes are falling there is a certain stillness and waiting in the air that isn’t experienced anywhere else. So, until I have to go and drive somewhere, let is snow and I will watch and listen to the peace it brings.
 

 

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Awww...What a little doll-baby. : )

Beautiful stillness. What Peace these photos bring...