thanks for the memories

Monday, March 1, 2021

March 1 is a Monday!

Outside my window...it is wet and muddy but warm enough to keep the windows open. The sounds of birds and the smell of damp soil work to free my heart of the weight of winter cold and lighten the spirit within me.
What I am hearing...birds singing in the trees, Kaycie reading her lesson to Uncle and Nate murmuring while he does his schoolwork.
What I am wearing...black capris and a grey t shirt. It is a definite stay at home day with along list of things to do so comfort and casual are the words of the day.
What I am learning...all about the simplicity of children. One of the great joys of my days is to listen to the children using their imaginations. I have seen Nate play for hours with on toy truck in his hand. Kaycie will spend hours out in the garage doing gymnastics and pretending that she is in a gym competing against other girls.
What I am hoping...that as the season changes over to spring and the world around me begins to open and flower my life will mimic nature and begin to open as well. 
What I am working on...since I told Evie that I would begin a unicorn nightgown for her on the next rainy day and today is a rainy day...
What I am thinking...that change, though inevitable, is not always desirable. Also, change, though not desirable, is always an opportunity for growth.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Last week on a sunny day we went to a park and spent the time indulging in childishness.

Swings have always been a symbol of freedom to me. It is a joy to see MK being free.


The look on this boy’s face when he saw this truck, priceless.

No comments: