thanks for the memories

Monday, February 21, 2022

Another Monday in paradise

Outside my window...if I sit in just the right place, all I can see is a open field and trees. Occasionally I can see a hawk lazily wheeling and dipping over the field. I am sure that breakfast or is it lunch has just scurried down it's hole. The gentle tinkle of the wind chimes gently plays a counterpoint to the birds that hungrily gather about the feeders. This kind of peace and gentle beauty are just the thing to unravel the cares that life just won't let me let go of.

I am thinking...about "the next right thing to do." A very wise cowboy told me that the next right thing was all I had to worry about doing. Now, on days when the sadness and the bewilderment try to overwhelm me that cowboy's advice sounds in my head. I repeat his advice a few times and I can feel my heart slow down and the next breath comes with a little less effort. I know that as long as I follow the advice of this very wise cowboy the grief and loneliness cannot steamroll my world out from under me. Everyone should have a wise cowboy.

I am thankful....for the sunshine and birds today. They are a reminder that if the Lord hasn't forgotten them He will not forget me either.

One of my favorite things...is music, of all kinds. There are songs that bring back happy memories, songs that soothe hurt, songs that bring contentment, and songs that simply free my mind and body.
 

Saturday evening MK, Kim, and I experienced all those kinds of music. MK bought us all tickets to hear Home Free live here in Greeneville. What a blessing to spend the evening with these two young women I love so much enjoying something that we all love. Mary-Kate, I could never thank you enough for providing such an evening.
I am creating...a corner of the world that is a refuge for all who wish to spend some time here. 

I am wearing...a denim skirt, a Saint Patrick's day tee shirt, and a flannel shirt.  

I am reading...still working on Anne Catherine Emmerich. It's going to be awhile till I finish volume 1 let alone make my way through volume 2. 

I am determined...to finish up a bunch of indoor projects so I can start spending more guilt free time outside.  The local garden store is beginning to have plants outside for sale and the seeds I ordered arrived this past weekend. 

Here are some picture thoughts to share...

Even Teddy cannot resist the grandma technique of putting kids to sleep. He tries, valiantly but I win every time.

I love the way that Noah turns his face toward the sun like a cuddly sunflower. 

Well, Lowes delivered the lumber for the rest of the raised beds. I guess I'd better order the dirt and get myself moving.

No comments: