thanks for the memories

Monday, May 23, 2022

Monday Morning

Outside my window it is pouring down rain, which is a good thing. I am praying that this rainy day will break the humidity, make all the green things grow, and just generally be beneficial to all.

I am wearing denim shorts and a buffalo check flannel shirt. Did I mention that I was hoping that the rain broke some of the humidity?

The weekend past was a busy one, as are all weekends past. On Friday Uncle drove Kim and I around so that we could get some much needed shopping done. This crew never stops eating so the local grocery stores never need to fear bankruptcy. After loading the two little boys into carts Uncle used the seat belts to lash them together making it easier for Kim and I to select our items while all the ladies in the store just thought he was the cleverest man around.


Bright and early Saturday morning Nate had a baseball game. He was awarded the game ball because he was the most awesome player on the team. Ok maybe that wasn't the real reason but his grandma thinks that should have been the reason. During the week at practices they work on certain skills. At the games the ball is awarded to the team member who showed the most improvement in those skills. 
After the game we all loaded into the vehicles and went to the annual Iris Festival. This is the only picture that I took while we were there. There were literally dozens of old cars and trucks on display. We had a good time looking at all of them and just generally doing something fun as a family. 
Sunday afternoon was my favorite part of our time together. We loaded up the kids and the kayak and drove down to the Nolichucky River to have a bit of water fun. This is the first time I have been in a kayak in over two years. I thought my kayaking days were over due to the problems with my hands but my son Jason came to the rescue. He loaded up my car, carried the kayak down to the water for me, and was just generally there to lend help and support.
While grandma was paddling around Noah pretended he was Moses and slept in the bullrushes.

This little man takes to water like he was born to it. So much so that when it started to thunder he didn't want to get out to go home. After arriving back to grandma's house he was quickly distracted by his toys and food. The evening wound down with several rounds of cards followed by the movie, Boy's Town. 

For this mother/grandmother there is nothing better than spending time in the bosom of her family.

Meanwhile out on the west coast Evie was blessed to receive Our Lord for the first time in the Blessed Sacrament.
Though there are many miles between us I trust that Evie knows her grandma was kneeling beside her in spirit. 

 


No comments: