thanks for the memories

Monday, August 27, 2012

The Simple Womans Daybook 27 August 2012

Outside my window...it is cool and cloudy.  The weatherman is calling for heat and humidity today.  As long as the breeze that we have keeps blowing I think it will shape up to be a good day.  There is plenty of laundry to put out on the lines so the breeze will help. 
I am thinking...about the changes that the seasons bring.  After 50 years of this one would think that the change from summer to fall would go unnoticed by me but it just isn't that way.  Each year it unique and just enough different from the year before that I can't help but take notice.
I am thankful for....churches that have mass in the evening on Sunday especially when I wake up with a migraine.  I didn't have to miss mass yesterday.  Though I have been told over and over that it is a legitimate excuse I still hate to miss mass.  The week doesn't start out right for me unless I am able to start it with the sacraments.
From the kitchen...I will be canning the tomatoes that MK peeled on Saturday.  Fortunately there is plenty of pasta leftover from Saturday so no one will have to cook today.  I hear the bread machine doing it daily chore of making bread.  Now that we don't use that much bread I no longer make it by hand since it is easier to set up the bread machine each day.
I am wearing...green tee shirt and green shorts.  I have no plans to leave this farm today (I want to pass off the banking to Melissa) so there is no reason to shower and dress until later before Doug comes home from work.
I am creating....security!  Everything that goes into the pantry or the freezer is security for the coming months of cold weather.  Saturday I put 5 zucchini cakes in there along with 6 bags of grated up zucchini, 6 bags of beans and one package of shortbread.
I am going...to stay at home.  There are tomatoes to can, school work to be done and every second of another day to be savored.  I will be far too busy to get in the car and go somewhere else.
I am reading...Literary Converts by Joseph Pearce.
I am hoping...that the rain that is forecast will hold off until either tomorrow or at least after dark so we can get mount washmore conquered without running up the electric bill.
I am hearing...the breadmachine kneading the dough, the washer doing its endless task, the pulleys on the clothesline squeak as MK hangs out another load of clean laundry, and the breeze whispering through the maple leaves outside my window.
Around the house...all of the clean up is done for this morning.  The kitchen has been left until all the canning is done for the day.  Layn is outside playing in his yard enjoying the last nice day before the rain does come.
One of my favorite things...the sense that what I am doing, where I am, and the goals that I seek are in line with the will of God for my life.
A few plans for the rest of the week...this is mid-term week at school so I will be busy with that.  I hope to get some letters from Matthew this week so I can send out the considerable tome that i have been writing to him.  Of course there is always the routine aspects that hold my week together, holy hours, meals, and chores.  I love being the mother of this crew.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you...
Is that a look of love or what? Those eyes are saying, "I love you papa!"  Papa looks pretty tickled too.

No comments: